The Government is providing £150 million funding per annum to schools for the academc years 2016/2017 for Primary PE and Sport. St Chad's Catholic Primary School received £9000 which we have used to enhance and develop sport in our school.
At St Chad's, we are committed to delivering high quality of Physical Education to every child. We endeavour to give our pupils the opportunity to experience different sporting challenges as they move through the school. We have done this through Before and After School activities plus through inviting quality coaches into school for specific sporting sessions. We enter a wide range of competitions and encourage our pupils to compete and enjoy sport.
At St Chad’s funding has been used for:
- Continuing to work with Chorley Sports Partnership.
- Setting up a Change 4 Life club for our least active pupils and engage the children in fun activities and give them healthy choices.
- To pay for an assistant and train them to run the Change 4 Life Club.
- To pay for staff INSET and CPD.
- To provide cover for staff during their professional development courses.
- To provide high quality coaches to work alongside teachers in PE.
- To pay for coaches to run the Netball, Gymnastics and Infant Agility clubs.
- To enter School Games competitions and Intra Competitions.
- To train Year 6 pupils in Bikeability and infants in Learn to ride.
- To assess and train Year 6 pupils in Leadership skills.
- To assess pupils in Gifted and Talented activities.
- To continue to improve the outdoors for outdoor learning.
To date the impact has been:
- To involve the pupils in a greater variety of sports.
- To engage a wider range of pupils.
- To improve the health and fitness of all pupils.
- To improve confidence and pride in representing St Chad’s in the intra and inter-schools competitions.
- Developing staff confidence in delivering a variety of PE and sports.
- To gain a Gold Award from School Games.
We hope to purchase new balance bikes and safety helmets for our younger pupils.